Our Mission is to prepare all pupils through a relevant, challenging curriculum and well-resourced facilities to become lifelong learners contributing to a global community
Doha British School operates an open access policy. People of all nationalities are welcome to apply for places. We are a popular school and applications are often well in excess of places available. Our priorities for acceptance are as follows:
- 1. The applicant must be at least competent but preferably fluent in the English language;
- 2. The applicant must be able to access our curriculum and this is established by an assessment;
- 3. Priority will be given to applicants who already have siblings at the school.
Application Forms should be submitted, with the application fee of QR350 (non-refundable), to the Admissions Department with the following documentation:
- Two passport photographs;
- Medical form;
- A copy of the applicant’s latest school report (which must contain appropriate assessment information);
- A copy of the applicant’s and parents’ passports;
- A copy of the applicant’s and parents’ resident permits (if resident permit is not yet available, a letter from the sponsor confirming that the permit is in process should be submitted);
- A copy of the applicant’s birth certificate;
- A copy of the applicant’s childhood immunization certificates;
- A copy of any assessments relating to Special Educational Needs, etc (e.g. Educational Psychologist reports, Speech and Language Therapy, etc)
- Certificate of Equivalency – to be submitted no later than September (this can be obtained by submitting the last 2 notarized and attested end of academic year reports to the SEC – Attestation and Certificate of Equivalency Unit). Please note this applies to applicants coming from abroad and applying to Year 2 or higher.