Introduction to our Class
Welcome to the Hedgehog class! My name is Miss Grant and I am very pleased to be your new class teacher. I come from Scotland and this will be my second year teaching Year 5 at DBS Wakra.
This half term we will be learning about “The Amazing Americas” where we will take part in lots of fun and exciting activities based around Geography. We are very lucky to be supported in class by Mrs. Santana who previously taught one of the Pre-School classes in DBS Wakra. You will also be taught P.E. by either Mr. Johnston or Mr. Shovelton and either Spanish by Mrs. Delgado or Arabic by Mrs. Rana/Mr. Nabih. This year we are also lucky and very excited to have Miss. Verlato in school who will be teaching you Music.
The school day begins at 7:00am and this year the register will close at 7:05, after that time your child will be marked as late. In the mornings we will be doing revision activities which are important and help your child progress, so please make sure your child is on time. School finishes at 1.30pm therefore children should be collected promptly. Our classroom is located in the outside block next to the playground. During play we enforce a ‘no hat, no play’ policy, also every child should bring a piece of fruit as a healthy snack.
During the first few weeks I will arrange a time to meet with all parents. Until then, you are welcome to email the school/class dojo me with any questions or concerns.
Welcome Letter Hedgehog Class
Introduction to our Class
My name is Mr Braithwaite from Lancashire, England famous for its outstanding beauty, many football stadiums and Hotpot! I will be your new Year 5 teacher.
I’m excited to be moving into the juniors after teaching in Key Stage 1 for the last two years at DBS Wakra. I have many more years of teaching experience, and I’m sure that Leopard Class are going to benefit from this. Our first topic will be ‘The Amazing Americans.’ Miss Grant and I have many exciting, challenging and fun learning planned, and I cannot wait to get going.
Here are a few important messages for you.
- Schools begins at 7.00am for KS1 (Year 1 and 2) and KS2 (Years 3, 4, 5 and 6)
- KS1 and KS2 both finish at 1.30 pm.
- It is essential that your child is in school on time. Active learning begins as soon as they enter the classroom. If your child is late, they may miss out on something vital.
- Children will be supplied with all the stationary they need within the classroom. However, we would expect all children in Key Stage 2 to have their pencil case and equipment as requested in the welcome pack. Please ensure pencil cases and equipment are clearly labelled
- All items of clothing need to be clearly labelled e.g. Jumpers/ P.E. Kits
- Children will need to bring in their healthy packed lunch to school with a refillable water bottle.
- Please ensure that packed lunches do not contain chocolate spreads such as Nutella or any nut products due to allergies
- Children will also need to have a healthy ‘snack” or fruit which they can eat during the morning break.
- Children must have a hat for playtime outside. We operate a ‘no hat – no play’ policy. Children without a hat will be supervised during playtime within the classroom.
- During the first few weeks, class teachers will meet with all parents, giving you the opportunity to meet with your child’s class teacher, discuss any information that may be valuable for your child’s class teacher to be aware of and discuss general information such as homework. I am a keen user of Class Dojo used for behaviour and communication between teacher and parents, you will receive your personal details for joining this on the first day.
Welcome Letter Leopard Class